New Hampshire’s bill to legalize and regulate cannabis, HB 481, has already passed the House once, but advocates need to continue building support in order to override an expected veto from Gov. Sununu. The House will vote again on April 4, so representatives who voted no the first time will soon have a second chance to get on the right side of history.
Here are five ways you can help:
(1) Click here to find out how your representatives voted and send them a follow-up message. If they voted yes, say “thanks,” and if they voted no, ask why.
(2) Learn everything you can about HB 481 and relevant issues. Knowledge is power. A summary of the bill is available here, and talking points are available here. To stay informed about the bill’s progress, sign up to receive email updates.
(3) Look up your representatives’ phone numbers here and give them a call to discuss how they voted and why. Please be respectful and remember that we are trying to persuade legislators, not alienate them. Most state reps have their home phone or mobile phone numbers listed and are more than willing to speak with their constituents. While you’re at it, why not give your state senator a call as well?
(4) Call Gov. Chris Sununu’s office at 603-271-2121 and urge him to stop obstructing the will of the people on cannabis legalization! It only takes a minute, and the governor’s staff members are usually very polite.
(5) Share this action page with your friends! Many representatives are still undecided, and a few thoughtful emails and calls from their constituents are often all it takes to earn a legislator’s vote.