The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) is the number one organization in the U.S. legalizing cannabis. We passed 13 medical cannabis laws in the past 15 years, and we ran winning campaigns in eight of the 11 legalization states. No organization in the movement has changed as many cannabis laws, impacted as many patients and consumers, created as many new markets, or done more to end cannabis prohibition in the U.S. than MPP.
Marijuana prohibition has failed.
It's time for a new approach, and MPP is leading the way. MPP — including its staff, strategic partners, and supporters — is working toward the day when cannabis is legalized for adults and patients across the U.S. While there are many organizations that agree with that ultimate goal, what sets MPP apart is our approach and our track record. Since our founding in 1995, we've been making real progress in reforming U.S. marijuana laws by:
- Lobbying for legislation and supporting ballot initiative campaigns to allow seriously ill patients to use medical marijuana with their doctors' recommendations;
- Lobbying for legislation and supporting ballot initiative campaigns to replace marijuana prohibition with a sensible system of regulation;
- Garnering widespread media coverage of the need to reform marijuana policies;
- Lobbying in Congress and leveraging state progress to drive sensible federal reform policies;
- Building coalitions of supportive individuals and organizations to advocate on behalf of marijuana policy reform;
- and much more!
We know that real change takes more than good ideas, so MPP is all about getting results — changing policies and laws. Please learn about some of our major accomplishments.
And if you are one of the millions of Americans who agree that it’s time to stop arresting marijuana users, please consider donating to our work. We are making real progress — but we are 100% reliant on donations from people like you to push forward in our work. Still not sure? Read some of the reasons to donate here.
Want to know more about MPP Foundation before donating? Click here for additional charity information.